Addressed a vulnerability in the Buffer overflow for network devices.
You will be asked to enter the product serial number before downloading the firmware. The serial number is the sequence of 8 alphanumeric characters printed on a label on the back of the device.
This firmware includes the following corrections and improvements:
1.Addressed a vulnerability in the Buffer overflow for network devices.
1.Corrected a failure to connect with the Monitoring server, related to Proxy Authentication.
1.Added support for Server Name Indication (SNI) for Google Cloud Print (GCP).
1.Addressed a vulnerability (KRACK) in WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access)/WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access II) for devices that support a wireless LAN connection (Wi-Fi).
2.Resolved other minor issues.
*Please note the following restrictions when using this software.
- When updating the firmware, be sure to wait until all operations (copy function, etc.) are complete before beginning the update operation. When the Processing/Data indicator on the operation panel is on or blinking, the device is processing operations. After the operation finishes, wait for the Processing/Data indicator to turn off.
- If the Error indicator is on or blinking, refer to the e-Manual and resolve the issue, and then perform the update operation after making sure that the Error indicator is off.
- If the update operation is performed while the device is processing other operations, or while images are stored in memory, those other operations will be canceled and the images stored in memory will be lost.
- If signals/data (print jobs, etc.) are sent to the device from another computer or application while the firmware update is in progress, a critical error may occur.
- Do not turn off the device power, or disconnect any USB or LAN cables while the firmware update is in progress.
- If your computer enters sleep mode, the firmware update may not be performed properly.
*To prevent errors:
- To prevent problems resulting from operations performed on other computers during the firmware update, performing the update using a USB connection is recommended.
- If using the fax functions, disconnect the telephone line from the main unit.
- Configure your computer settings so that it will not enter sleep mode before performing the firmware update.
- If the device is connected via USB cable, disconnect the LAN cable.
- If using a USB connection, do not connect the device through a USB hub as doing so may result in connection errors.
- If the device is connected via LAN cable, disconnect the USB cable.
- Do not print, etc. while the firmware is being updated.
- If a critical error occurs (the device will not start after turning on the power, etc.), repairs will be required.
- For devices with fax functionality, it is recommended that you print out the Address Book information (one-touch, coded dialing, and group dialing) before updating, due to the possibility of power outages or other unforeseen accidents during the update operation.
The firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click the file link, enter the printer serial number, then select [Save] and specify the directory where you want to save the file. Click [Save] to start the file download.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder.
4. Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.
All software, programs (including but not limited to drivers), files, documents, manuals, instructions or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) are made available on this site on an "as is" basis.
Canon Marketing (Taiwan) Co., Ltd., and its affiliate companies (“Canon”) make no guarantee of any kind with regard to the Content, expressly disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) and shall not be responsible for updating, correcting or supporting the Content.
Canon reserves all relevant title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Content. You may download and use the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use and at your own risks. Canon shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever in connection with the Content, (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages).
You shall not distribute, assign, license, sell, rent, broadcast, transmit, publish or transfer the Content to any other party. You shall also not (and shall not let others) reproduce, modify, reformat, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer or create derivative works from the Content, in whole or in part.
You agree not to send or bring the Content out of the country/region where you originally obtained it to other countries/regions without any required authorization of the applicable governments and/or in violation of any laws, restrictions and regulations.
By proceeding to downloading the Content, you agree to be bound by the above as well as all laws and regulations applicable to your download and use of the Content.